The Clinical Librarian, Sarah Rudd, is the named librarian for Maternity, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Intensive Care and A&E. The role of a clinical librarian is to provide you with someone familiar to approach within the library when you need assistance.
The service provides a range of services to all staff within these departments (including clinical, nursing, allied health and administrative staff), above the usual provision to all staff within the hospital.
Sarah is able to provide help relating to any of the core library services including:
- conducting literature searching
- getting copies of articles or books if our library does not have them
- providing literature searches the updating of guidelines
Additionally Sarah is able to:
- attend clinical meetings (eg MDTs, clinical governance)
- help establish and run journal clubs;
- provide literature searches (eg for patient care, research, cpd, creation of guidelines);
- provide literature search and critical appraisal training;
- create and help maintain educational boards for junior doctors;
- support for nursing and allied health staff; and
- prepare monthly current awareness bulletins.