As we marked the 75th anniversary of the NHS this week, we also welcomed back the Royal Horticultural Society for the annual competition to judge our wonderful planters.
The judges from RHS Wisley praised the creativity of the garden planters given to us last year by the Royal Horticultural Society. The planters looked after by staff from different departments are located around the hospital site. Spending time in green space or bringing nature into your everyday life can benefit both your mental and physical wellbeing.
Everyone’s planter was a winner. Congratulations to all.
Awards were given as follows:
- Overall winner – Emergency Department
- Best involvement of the department and patients – Paediatrics
- The innovation award (coping with stolen crutches and other challenges) – Physiotherapy
- Best choice of plants (Right Plant in the Right Place award) – Wolverton Centre (good choice of shade-loving plants)
- Sustainable award, for showing what edibles can be grown in a small space – Speech and Language Therapy
- Best Edible planter – Theatres and Anaesthetics
- Best Decorated planter – Emergency Department
- Wildlife friendly planter – Colposcopy
- Best cared for planter – Patient Safety
- Best theme – Audiology