Workshops and classes in the community
These local classes are led by your team midwife with no fee. It is an opportunity to:
- Meet other parents’ to be in a friendly setting
- Learn all you need to know about childbirth
- Learn about coping techniques for reducing anxiety and instilling confidence
- Discuss infant feeding and baby care
For more information, call your community midwife:
- Hook and River Team 0208 934 3863
- Richmond and Lonsdale Team 0208 934 3316
- Hampton and Ember Team 0208 934 3281
- Lincoln, Fountain and Norbiton Team 0208 934 2626
In a nutshell…
- Meet other parents-to-be in the friendly and homely setting of The Hub.
- Learn all you need to know about childbirth, baby care and life with a new baby including feeding, safe sleeping and family planning.
- Continue your friendships in the Hub’s follow-on group for new parents “Babes”.
These four classes are run each half term by a team including a midwife, infant feeding supporter, health visitor, Hub worker, and peer supporters.
An invitation will be sent out to you if you are aged 22 or younger when your baby is due. Classes usually start when you are over 28 weeks pregnant. There is no charge and refreshments are provided.
Find out more…
Directions to the Hub