Visiting the Paediatric Assessment Unit
The way we treat children coming to hospital with acute illnesses is changing.
The new PAU at Kingston Hospital will provide ease of access to senior paediatrician review for acute paediatric referrals from primary care. Such referrals will be seen directly in the PAU avoiding the need to come via A&E.
PAU will provide:
- Enhanced consultant delivered service, open 7 days a week
- A consultant on PAU until 10 pm every day of the week
- Acute GP referrals are seen by a senior paediatrician (consultant / registrar) on the same day in a dedicated clinic
- Enhanced patient flow avoiding waiting times in A&E
- Children coming through A&E needing paediatric assessment will be assessed in PAU
- Period of observation avoiding the need to be admitted to the children’s ward
- Patient care and triage provided by paediatric nurses
- Play therapists are on PAU every day
To discuss a patient or book an appointment:
Paediatric SpR Blp: 732
Kingston Hospital Switchboard: 020 8546 7711
The Paediatric Assessment Unit will be live from April 2015.
For further information or if you have a query please contact Dr Jon Filkin, Paediatric Consultant & Clinical Lead, Paediatrics & Neonates:
P: 020 8934 2409
Follow Kingston Hospital Paediatrics on Twitter: @KHFTpaeds