Preparation for your day case surgery
Before you leave home, please check that you have packed:
- your blue badge for parking if you have one
- your admission letter and any other information we have sent to you
- all medications you are taking or using, including prescription medications, medicines you have bought or alternative medicines, such as herbal remedies
- small amounts of money in case you want to buy a newspaper or us a telephone
- the name, address, postcode and telephone number of your GP, community social worker (if you have one) and your next of kin
- proof of entitlement to free travel costs, if appropriate
- dressing gown, non-slip slippers (not flip flops)
- your glasses and/or contact lenses
- your hearing aid if you use one
- any mobility aids you use, such as a walking stick or walking frame
- a hair brush or comb
- books / magazines
- Items of religious importance to you.
Please do not bring:
- large amounts of money, jewellery or other valuables
- alcohol or food
- large bags or suitcases
Don’t forget to make any necessary arrangement for the following:
- deliveries at home, such as newspapers or milk;
- home help you may have;
- pet care.
Also, don’t forget to:
- remove any nail polish and false nails.
- tell your family and friends you are coming into hospital.