All two week wait, urgent and routine referrals to consultant led outpatient services should be made electronically via e-Referral (eRS). For more details including any exceptions then please look at the Electronic referrals (eRS) page.
Diagnostic testing can be requested via Ordercomms
Ambulatory Emergency Care
Gynaecology Ultrasound Referral Guidelines
This is for any GP to raise a query with regards to administration/ operations or clinical issue. The email will be forwarded to the relevant department and they will be responding to the GP directly. If there is anything that can be addressed centrally, we will respond to that email from the central office.
Electronic referrals (eRS)
GP referrals to all of our consultant-led services are available through e-Referral.
All new referrals (including Two Week Wait referrals) from a GP to a consultant led service need to be made via the NHS e-Referral service.
Since May 2020 we now operate referral assessment services (RAS) for all our routine/urgent services (excluding Two Week Wait services) on e-Referral. The GP can send a referral via e-Referral which will be triaged by the appropriate clinician for that service. The specific hospital department can then book an outpatient appointment and/or diagnostic test if deemed appropriate following triage.
Two Week Wait Services:
If there is no directly bookable capacity to view you will be asked to click ‘defer to provider’. This means the referral will be sent automatically to the specialty admin teams at the hospital, who will arrange directly with the patient the details of their first appointment and/or diagnostic test.
Exemptions to e-Referral:
The following services are exempt from e-referral and should continue to be referred to in the usual way:
- Termination of pregnancy services
- Rapid access paediatric clinics
- Early pregnancy services
- DVT clinics
- # Clinic
- TIA clinics
- Referrals to the Emergency Department or Ophthalmology Emergency Department.
- Sudden onset hearing loss for ENT (these must be seen within 48 hours)
- Facial trauma/swelling for ENT and Oral & Maxillofacial surgery (these must be seen within 72 hours
- Acute otitis externa for ENT (these must be seen within 72 hours)
- Acute drug irruptions for Dermatology (these must be seen within 1/2 weeks)
- Medical Emergency Referrals to Same Day Ambulatory Care service
If you have any general queries about our services, or cannot find a service for KHFT on eRS, please email us at khn-tr.OPReferrals@nhs.net