Kingston Hospital’s radiology department has recently returned to a walk-in service for x-rays. Patients are no longer required to book an appointment.
The radiology department can be found in Kingston Hospital’s outpatient department (ground floor). View hospital map.
We offer a direct access service, open between 8.30am-5pm Mon-Fri, apart from MRI which is 7.30am-7.30pm Mon -Sun at Kingston Hospital.
- CT Scanning (head) for chronic, persistent headache
- CT scanning (other) – on a case by case basis following discussion with radiologist
- Dexa Scanning
- General fluoroscopy
- MRI for lumbar spines and knees
- Nuclear Medicine on case by case basis after discussion with a member of the Nuclear Medicine team.
Request via Ordercomms
Ordercomms can be used where available and applicable (rather than a paper request form).
Note: for ultrasound, general fluoroscopy and Dexa scanning, please forward the radiology request form to the radiology department at Kingston Hospital.
We also provide Direct Access X-ray service at the Surbiton Health Centre Mon-Fri.
- X-ray: 020 8546 7711 plus ext. 2146
- Ultrasound: 020 8546 7711 plus ext. 2150
- CT: 020 8546 7711 plus ext. 2147
Plain film walk in service
Plain film walk in service available between 8.30am-5pm Mon-Fri
Patients must attend with a completed radiology request form, completed by the GP.