The Paediatric Outreach Nursing Team (PONT)
The Paediatric Outreach Nursing Team (PONT) is a community nursing service run by a small team of dedicated paediatric nurses, who have a wealth of experience in many areas of paediatric nursing.
The team provides nursing care at home for children and young people aged 0-18 years of age who are in full time education and who are registered with a GP within the Kingston CCG.
PONT provide a 7-day service, 365 days of the year, from 08:00-18:00 Monday -Friday and 08:30-16:30 Weekends and Bank Holidays. We accept referrals from the paediatric Unit at Kingston Hospital, Neonatal Intensive Care Units, GP’s and Tertiary centres.
Below are a few of the services the PONT team can provide:
- administration of intravenous antibiotics and medication
- administration of medication via intramuscular or subcutaneous injection
- wound care and assessment
- support with enteral feeding
- training for schools and nurseries on specific conditions
- end of life care.
The PONT team works in partnership with our patients’ families to ensure the care we deliver is family centered and tailored to the individual child’s needs.