Tissue viability covers all aspects of skin and soft tissue wounds, including those caused by surgery, pressure ulcers and leg ulceration.
Our service focuses on the prevention and management of wounds, including:
- Pressure ulcers
- Fungating wounds
- Leg ulcers
- Diabetic/neuropathic foot ulcers
- Surgical wounds
- Traumatic injuries
We have a zero-tolerance approach to the development of avoidable pressure ulcers.
Patients are usually referred to our Tissue Viability Nurse Specialist, who can provide expert advice and also:
- Educates staff across the Trust on tissue viability and wound care
- Acts as information resource for all professionals
- Proactively develops policies, protocols and clinical guidelines
- Develops clinical audit to monitor effectiveness of current practice
- Works with colleagues to provide seamless wound care
Tissue viability is also part of our multi-disciplinary management of patients with diabetic foot wounds.
Your Healthcare Pressure Ulcer information leaflet
Pressure Area Management Leaflet
Tel: 020 8546 7711 bleep 135