We provide treatment and specialist support for people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes who have complex conditions.
Our services are based at Kingston Hospital.
We treat inpatients and outpatients, with both general and specialist clinics to help people with more complex conditions. We also work alongside specialist dieticians, podiatrists, endocrinologists and psychologists.
Diabetes Day Unit
This is a nurse-led service that delivers care for people with diabetes who need additional support with managing their condition. We are open Monday to Friday from 08.30 to 16.30 and provide:
- Specialist nurse and dietitian clinics
- Assessment, management and advice for those with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes who have complex conditions
- DAFNE education
- Insulin pump therapy initiation and management
- Pre-conceptual care and joint antenatal care
- Adolescent and young people’s clinics
We provide consultant-led clinics with services including:
- General diabetes management
- Joint renal clinics
- Endocrine services
- One-stop diabetic foot clinic
Surrey Downs CCG offers a “Tier 3” service for people with more complex needs. This consists of increased specialist support at general practices and regular clinics at various sites in the area.
- Inpatient diabetes specialist nurse
- Inpatient diabetes specialist dietitian
- Inpatient diabetes specialist podiatrist
Diabetes Unit for Nurse and Dietitian Appointments 020 8934 6370
Diabetes Nurses 07788 362539
Diabetologist and Endocrinology appointments and secretaries 020 8934 6156