We diagnose, manage and treat disorders of the ear including hearing loss, tinnitus and balance problems.
We issue hearing aids and implants, advise your and your family when you are diagnosed with hearing loss and teach communication skills. We can also give advice on protection to prevent hearing loss.
Please be aware that our hearing aid walk in clinics are now booked appointments.
For your convenience hearing aid lifetubes, standard tubes and batteries can be posted if you ring us or email us with instructions.
Our purpose and vision
We are here to provide high-quality healthcare to people of all ages. Our vision is to achieve the best possible outcomes for all by epitomising our Trust’s values: to be caring, safe, responsible and value each other.
Creating a positive, helpful and friendly environment before, during and after visits enables us to develop good relationships with patients and their families.
- To offer a friendly, professional service
- To deliver services in a timely way, and in partnership with others
- To operate in a context of safety, quality and compassionate care
- To be innovative and work to improve our services
- To be efficient, productive and cost effective
Patient satisfaction is at the core of our service. Our staff are trained and motivated to give the best possible care. We strive to:
- Encourage early identification, diagnosis and management of hearing loss, tinnitus and dizziness
- Provide individual care that involves families and responds to information and psycho-social needs
- Provide links to lip-reading classes, assistive technologies and other rehabilitation services
- Promote inclusion and participation of people who are deaf or hard of hearing
To learn what to expect during your child’s visit to the Audiology Clinic, click here.
Adult Hearing Aid Service
To learn what to expect during your visit to the Hearing Aid Clinic, click here.
Newborn Hearing Screening Service, click here.
Tinnitus Support Group, click here.
Children’s Hearing Services Working Group, click here.
Sunshine Sensory Playgroup. here
2020-2021 Audiology Survey results
For all patient guides and videos, visit our document library
How to refer people to us
We accept requests from any primary or social care professional, hospital practitioner and partner. Standard referral forms are available on request; for further details, please email email@example.com
If you are already known to us, you can self-refer by calling our bookings team.
Our service is accredited by the UK Accreditation Service. For more information, click here.
The Audiology department will be relocating in 2023. More information will be available soon