Accessibility Statement for Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
NHS Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
NHS Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Kingston Hospital Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Kingston Hospital Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Kingston Hospital Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Compatible with all major web browsers on Windows, Android and Mac operating systems.
Kingston Hospital Website is not compatible with:
- Linux not supported. Internet Explorer is not recommended. Any browsers older than 3 versions. Any mobile operating systems older than 5 years.
Accessibility of Kingston Hospital Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Kingston Hospital Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Kingston Hospital Website:
- Banner images: Uploaded images contain text because Some banner images are supplied from outside of our organisation and cannot be altered. We will add alternative text to the images. Any images that do not have text can be reported via our accessibility toolbar.
- PDF documents: Our PDF documents are currently not in an accessible format because Governance teams are not able to create accessible PDFs. Software will be purchased to allow for accessible PDFs to be created. Please contact us if you need a document in an alternative format.
NHS Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust assessed the accessibility of Kingston Hospital Website by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 22 January 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.