Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
For the foreseeable future, meetings of the Trust Board held in public are conducted virtually via Microsoft Teams
Papers for Board meetings will still be published on the Trust’s website and you are welcome to send questions for consideration by the Board to the Director of Corporate Governance & Company Secretary (Susan Simpson) at email@example.com before the meeting. In the absence of being able to provide access to the meeting in real time, we have published the draft minutes of the meeting held 2nd April 2020 (here) for information. Please note that minutes are not finalised until the next meeting of the Trust Board and therefore these minutes may be subject to change.
June 2020 Trust Board Virtual Meeting – Wednesday 3 June – watch here
September 2020 Trust Board Virtual Meeting – Wednesday 30 September – watch here
Information for governors and members of the public observing the meeting of the Board of Directors
This virtual meeting of the Trust Board is being held in public via MS Teams. A recording of the meeting will be made available on the hospital website a day or so after the meeting.
Some rules of etiquette regarding the meeting:
- Members of the public will be on ‘mute’ during the meeting.
- The Board welcomes questions from members of the public at the end of the agenda. When invited to ask questions, please use the ‘raise a hand’ function to indicate that you would like to ask a question and wait to be invited by the Chairman to speak.
- Please keep your question brief so as to allow others an opportunity to speak in the limited time available.
- Direct your question to the Chairman rather than individual directors.
- The Chairman reserves the right not to respond to questions which relate to matters that are the subject of current confidential discussions, commercial negotiations or legal action, or for any other reason at their discretion.
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is managed by a Trust Board, made up of the Chairman, the Chief Executive, seven full-time Executive Directors and eight part-time Non-Executive directors. The role of the Trust Board is to:
- set the overall strategic direction of the Trust
- provide effective financial control
- ensure high standards of corporate governance
- ensure that the Trust provides high quality, effective patient-centred care.
Trust Board meetings are held every other month in the Education Centre at the hospital on Galsworthy Road, Kingston upon Thames.
Trust Board Meeting Dates 2020
All Trust Board Meetings start at 9.30am and finish at 1pm unless otherwise stated and are held in Seminar Room 1.
- 28th July 2020
- 30th September 2020
- 1st December 2020
If you would like to learn more about Trust Board Members, please click here.
Board papers and agendas are available here
If you would like to view a board paper prior to February 2018 please contact Susan Simpson, Director of Corporate Governance on 020 8934 2522.